Skip to content
Winooski Community Services Department
How to Register
For the best browsing experience, please upgrade to
IE 9 or greater
Skip to nav
Adult Dodgeball Tournament
This program is currently unavailable. Click
to view all of our current programs.
Join the Winooski Recreation and Parks Department for their Adult Dodgeball Tournament!
The tournament will be held on Thursday, April 26th 2018 @ 6 PM in the Winooski School District Gymnasium.
Tournament games will be 4 verse 4, double-elimination style -the winning team gets a trophy, a prize, and bragging rights! Team outfits are strongly encouraged.
Celebrate with us afterward at the
Last Stop Sports Bar
in Winooski (12 Malletts Bay Ave.) to commend all who played (21+).
Registration: One team captain or one person per team should register for their entire team. Each team plays with 4 people on the court but can bring alternates to switch in for different games. Teams must register by Friday, April 20th.
• Thursday, April 26th 2018 @ 6 PM
• Winooski School District Gymnasium
• $20/team resident, $30/team non-resident
• Adults 18+, co-ed
• Registration deadline: April 20th, 2018
Call or email the Department of Recreation and Parks with questions regarding this program: 802 777 1621 / email@example.com
The rules of the tournament are outlined below and will be discussed thoroughly at the start of the tournament:
1. Start of game
- Each team starts with 4 players touching the wall on their respective sides
- 4 balls are lined up in the middle of the court
- The game begins when the official blows a whistle, then players may rush to the middle to get as many balls as they can
- Each ball must be brought behind the attack line on either side before it is considered "live" and can be thrown at an opponent.
- Players shall be deemed "out" when a live ball hits any part of the player's body, clothing, or uniform
- If a player is hit by a live ball rebounding off another player or ball lying on the court
- A defending player catches a live ball they have thrown
- When a teammates catches an opponents throw, players shall return from the queue in the order they were put "out" (i.e. first "out," first "in")
- Players can defend themselves by blocking the ball in flight with another ball but must retain control over the ball they are blocking with
- A player dropping or losing possession of the blocking ball is deemed "out"
- Any blocked ball rebounding off another ball is considered live
- Any player hit by the rebounding ball is deemed "out"
- A headshot occurs when a player is hit directly in the head while standing by a high thrown ball
- Any thrower committing a headshot will be deemed "out"
*A thrown ball is live until it hits a wall, the floor, or the ceiling. If two players get hit by the same ball before it touches a play surface, both players are out. Also if one player is hit by a ball, but a teammate catches the ball before it hits a play surface, that player is in and only the thrower is out.
The tournament is designed to be self-officiated, but disputes may be settled by Department of Recreation and Parks staff (whose decisions are final!)
* Adjustments and discounts will be applied during checkout if applicable. *
Return to Programs
View All Activities